Some people get”lucky”: like a stock IPO from employer, selling a house they bought in bay area during 2009/10 time. They may end up with 1 million or 500K to invest. I am dreaming of that day myself. Anyway, here are 10 ideas as a real estate investor:
1. the tried and true rental properties in any configuration your comfortable with
2. mobile home park ( I have owned a few of these and the right ones are quite nice)
3. Self storage this is a niche but can be pretty nice in the right location buy one large enough to have on site management though.
4. private lending were its legal.. in Nevada you would need a license just FYI.
5. if you don’t need cash flow for many years and want huge up side and NO real work.. then you may want to buy a Ranch in the northwest that has significant 35 to 40 year old Doug fir with a mix of cedar. these will return 12 to 20% annually… One of my all time favorites .. and the reason John Hancock and the Harvard endowment are the largest funders and owners of timber land in the US.
6. There are some really GREAT syndicators out there but choose wisely its all about the sponsors ( there are a few great one’s on BP) but also many beginners on BP so cautious there.
7. NNN lease with national tenants..Â
8. existing PERFORMING NOTES… ( I personally am not a fan of NPN thats a job and a tough one)
9. Strips centers in solid suburbs .
10. partner with really quality fix and flipper there in Vegas… ( again choose wisely there are some real bad actors that troll BP and work in Vegas)
there you go some alternatives to think about other than HEY go buy an apartment LOL